Owning multiple electronic devices often means that you own a lot of different remote controls. So, if you own a television set from Philips, you probably have the corresponding remote control for it. This, however, does not mean that you do not own another remote control for your sound system, DVD- or Blu-ray player, STB (Cable, Sat, Freeview) or for your game consoles or streaming devices. In short, you own too many different remote controls. We, at One For All, know how annoying it can be when you own too many remote controls. It is common to get confused between many remotes, not knowing which one controls which device. And, what do you do when you lose one of them? By owning a universal remote control for your Philips devices, this hassle can be avoided once and for all. Also, by owning a universal Philips TV remote, you are one step closer to creating the ultimate-television-experience. Would you also like to create an optimal television-experience in your own home? Take a look at the universal remotes for your Philips electronic devices that One For All has to offer!
In the product range of One For All you will find a universal remote for your Philips electronic devices. With one of our universal remote controls you are able to connect up to eight different devices in your home to this remote. This means that with just one remote control, you can control your Philips TV, home cinema set, streaming devices like Apple TV, Freeview/Sat/Cable, your DVD-player, Blu-ray player and much, much more! If you would like to know which universal remote is best suited for your electronic equipment, please use our remote product selector. By using this selector, you can check all of the devices you would like to connect to the remote and the selector will then present you with the most suitable remote for you. Would you like to know more about all of the advantages and possibilities of the universal remotes from One For All? Read our best bits of our universal remote controls blogpost to find the information you are looking for.
Characteristics and controls of a universal remote for Philips
The best feature of universal TV remotes for Philips devices is that they can perform the same functions as the original remote control. Therefore, you can use the Philips TV remote from One For All to control your Philips television. You are even able to perform all common Philips functions like, Home, Ambilight, Menu and Browse. And, even better, you can use our Philips TV remote for all Philips TV models—including LCD, LED and Plasma. Next to controlling your television set, with a universal Philips TV remote, you can also control your Set Top Box (SAT/Cable), sound systems, Blu-ray/DVD-players, (IR) game consoles (PS2/Xbox), sound bars and streaming devices (Apple TV) with just one remote control. Now, it does not matter if you lose one of the remotes for these electronic devices, by installing a universal Philips television remote you can perform all the same functions as before!
Our Philips universal remotes do not just perform the same functions as the original remote controls do, they also have some other unique features. Some of these features ensure our universal remotes to stand out above other remote controls in the market. These features include their “Activity Keys”, “Learning Function” and “Macro”. Next to the highlighted features underneath, our Philips TV remotes obtain even more unique functions. These other special characteristics, like “Find Beep” and “Combi Control” are highlighted in our latest blogpost.
- Activity Keys – The “Activity Keys” on our Philips TV remote allow you to finally control multiple devices as if they were one. By using the custom buttons on the universal remote, you no longer have to switch between different types of devices. The buttons allow you to operate different activities like ‘Watch TV’, ‘Play Game’ or ‘Listen to Music’. You can even create your own custom activities!
- Learning Features – This “Learning Feature” enables you to make your new Philips TV remote ‘learn’ functions from other remote controls. So, if you would like your universal remote to perform missing or advanced functions from other audio or video devices, you can use the learning feature. If you would like to know how you can use this feature, you can read all about it in our Learning Features blogpost.
- Macro – With the “Macro” feature you are able to program commands into your Philips TV remote. By programming sequences of commands, you can, for example, switch off all electronic devices connected to the remote with just one press of a button. The possibilities of commands with the “Macro” feature are endless!
Installing a universal remote for Philips TV
To ensure that the installation of the Philips TV remote would be as easy as possible, we have created “SimpleSet”. “SimpleSet” is one of the other special features that make our universal remotes unique. With this feature you are able to install your Philips TV remote within just 30 seconds. In just a few simple steps you will be setting up your remote to control all your AV devices (as long as they are originally controlled by a remote control).
If you choose to install the universal remote by using the “SimpleSet” feature, you are just three steps away from connecting your Philips TV remote up to eight other electronic devices. Following the steps explained below, you can manually enter the product codes of each electronic device. When you know which product codes you have to use for each device, you can start with the first step of the instalment process. If you do not know which product codes you have to enter, or if you cannot find the product codes at all, please consult our support pages for more information. If you would like to contact us directly, then this is also possible by our telephone number. You can ask any question you might have and we try to give you a fitting response!
- Hold down the MAGIC key on your Philips remote.
- Select the device you wish to connect your universal Philips remote control to.
- Finally, hold down the digit key to set up for your brand (Philips) and device. As soon as the device turns off, you have to release the key and the LED on the remote will blink twice.
Are you not sure if the universal Philips TV remote control is the remote that is best suited for you? Or do you have trouble deciding which one of our remote controls best fits your needs? Use our Remote Wizard for some guidance. Regardless which remote control you choose, whether it be one of our Philips universal remotes or Philips TV remote replacements, your television-viewing-life just got a little better!